WE TAKE THE PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA SERIOUSLY
This data protection policy sets out how JA Halkett & Son uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into law in the UK on May 25th, 2018. It replaced the 1998 Data Protection Act and introduced new rules on privacy notices, as well as processing and safeguarding personal data.
JA Halkett & Son is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
JA Halkett & Son may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check it occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from May 25th, 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you for which a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: Frazer Halkett, JA Halkett & Son, 7 Wallace Place, Minnigaff, Newton Stewart DG8 6NS.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or send an email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.